Thursday, March 6, 2008

Not them, it's us!

So, after a fairly lengthy post yesterday, I have gotten one big question from readers. "Why won't the Vietnamese government just give you your daughter?" For some of us who live in the adoption world, it is easy to understand. For others, not so much. So, let me help explain it a little better. The hold up for us right now has NOTHING to do with the Vietnamese gov. I know that may surprise some of you, but it is the truth. The Vietnamese government would love nothing more than to see us with our daughter. The problem lies with OUR government. The form we are missing that has been such the problem for us, is one that is being held at the US embassy in HCMC, Vietnam. The I-600 is a form that gets filled out stating that Claire is indeed an orphan. So what we know is that she is 7.5 mths old and has been at the orphanage since she was one day old and no one has come for her. Pretty sure she is an orphan. (on their standards anyway). We all know she has a wonderful family who cannot wait to embrace her and give her all the experiences in life that we can give. Anyway, our hold up is the American government. Once we have our I-600 approved, we are out the door. Please pray for this approval. Most approvals are handed out on Thursday nights,(Vietnam Friday morning) and that is today. We are so hoping and praying this is our day, and yet trying to hang on to and grasp the theory that everything happens in God's timing. We are strong believer's and know that when it is our time, it WILL happen.
I found out today, that there are other families from our agency going through some of the same things. However, their paperwork is still not in process. This could mean a delay for them as well. My heart goes out to them, and their families. From experience, it is so hard to be so close, and yet so far away.

For what it is worth.....so I don't get some nasty e-mails. I do believe it is necessary to make some changes in Vietnam adoption. I believe the changes are positive ones, and will benefit the children of Vietnam. I just believe the embassy is not equipped with what it takes to handle all of the paperwork this change requires. Unfortunately, the ones who suffer from this are the families and more importantly the children who lay in an orphanage bed one day longer than necessary.

Maybe today!

6 comments:

Bob said...

I hope tonight is the night for your I-600 approval!

Carla C

Heather M. said...

Yep, saying a BIG prayer for you tonight! Keep your chin up! UGH, The Government!!!
Heather M.

K said...

I hope its tonight for both of us!
Maybe our families will meet in Vietnam!
Kim Wheaton

Kim said...

I just ran across your blog. I was in An Giang in late July to meet and bring home my daughter Emma Yun. Claire was a week or so old and she shared a crib with Lily who is a Dillon baby who came home around Christmas. They were both so tiny it was easy to share a crib. She has grown so much! I hope you travel very soon, but if it helps any at all she is in good hands. The caregivers in An Giang were very nice and were very good with the children. The orphanage is small, new and very clean. Can't wait to follow your blog on your trip.

Julie said...

Logging on early this morning hoping you get that long awaited e-mail. Update when you can. We are thinking of you.

Heather M. said...

I'm stalking your blog for an update...LOL...SO Hoping you get good news on this Friday!
Heather M.

Thank You

Thank you so much to all of those people who have been such a huge blessing to us. We know that we would not be where we are today if it were not for you all. We are so blessed.
Powered by web stats analytics hit counter.