Thursday, September 4, 2008

The importance of a good education!






I am finding myself in new territory as the school year has started and my boys are getting ever so comfortable with their new schedules, teachers, friends, etc. First grade is so different than kindergarten. Easton no longer worries about where the restrooms are located or if I will be there to get him, he is now concerned with the important things. Will we get to go out for recess? Will I get picked first in P.E. and is there one sheet of homework or two? When he gets into the Tahoe, I try so hard not to overwhelm him with questions. However, I want to know how his day has gone. I must be worlds biggest idiot, as when I asked him a question yesterday his answer was....." Mom was it a LONG time ago when you were in first grade?" What in the world?



Keaton is just as funny. Walking down the ramp with his teacher by his side today, the first thing he said to me was....." Mom, can Elizabeth spend the night tonight." As I wonder what he is talking about, I look up to find a big smile on his teachers face. (Thank God, she thinks this is just a touch funny as well). I asked him who Elizabeth was and he said, "my girlfriend", again with the are you an idiot look on his face.



When did we start getting girlfriends in pre-school? (although Easton had one too) How do I break that habit??? Our new family rule: Don't even look at girls until you can Vote, and no getting married until you are a member of the AARP.



My mother in law would roll her eyes about now and start lecturing me on how I stole her baby from her. It is true, Garrett and I started dating in high school. Crap.....I have to start homeschooling!

Here are a couple of pictures from a couple of years ago. Keaton was in a wedding with a little girl that he really liked (obviously), and here is Easton with my precious niece who up until last year he was going to marry.

No comments:

Thank You

Thank you so much to all of those people who have been such a huge blessing to us. We know that we would not be where we are today if it were not for you all. We are so blessed.
Powered by web stats analytics hit counter.