Friday, November 7, 2008

November already?





























I know, it has been awhile since our last post, but following a viral attack in our house, soccer, football, and Halloween, we are back on track.


At the beginning of October Keaton got sick, running 103-105 temps for 5 days. He did not have anything major, just a virus. He got over that on Monday, and sure enough Claire was quick to follow. Hers however turned out to be a bigger deal. I laid her down for nap on a Thursday with a 100 degree temp and when she woke the thermometer read 106.2. As Garrett and I are realizing we are going to have to take her to urgent care, she began to have a seizure. The boys have never done that, so it was pretty scary for us. She had a total of 4 seizures that evening, and we spent several hours in the ER. Our doctor has diagnosed her with febrile seizures. We will now know what to do and what to look for. She is now fine and as energetic as ever! She just had her check up last week and is doing great. We are almost caught up on her shots and she is growing faster than ever. She now weighs 19 lbs, and is walking, talking, and "arguing" like a true toddler. She says mama, dada, bubba, eat, nana, papa, cheese, and night night. She is so fun!

The boys are doing great as well. For Halloween Keaton was a cowboy, Easton was Dash from the incredibles (although he would not let me take a picture of him), and Claire was a fairy princess. Football is over for Easton and soccer is over for Keat. We are enjoying some down time in the evenings before basketball starts in a few weeks. It is getting cool here, and I love it.


Things for Garrett and me are going fine. He has applied to the doctoral program at MU and we are looking forward to hearing about that. He took a test called the GRE a couple of weeks ago, and he did well. We are eager to see what happens.


I have been busy making bows. I started making all Claire's bows, hats, bibs, burp cloths, etc.. Then people started ordering them for their own kids. Now that "business" has really taken off. I have made and sold over 200 in the last 6 weeks. It is something I LOVE to do, and it allows me to make a little money on the side as well.


I hope all of you are doing well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire is in my thoughts and I have said a prayer for her regarding her seizures.

Kathy said...

This is REALLY late -- but Adam had two febrile seizures last year -- the most terrifying moments of my life! I know how hard it must have been to see that. He hasn't had another since. Hope Claire is doing well.

Thank You

Thank you so much to all of those people who have been such a huge blessing to us. We know that we would not be where we are today if it were not for you all. We are so blessed.
Powered by web stats analytics hit counter.